Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more
Implement optimal production methods, processes and tools to ensure the attainment of production objectives. Foster a strong quality-focused culture on the project to build a high-performing team.
Associate Producers and/or discipline Leads as appropriate
- Implement the game development strategy and secure key deliverables as agreed with Lead studio and Producer;
- Participate in the development of the organisational structure of the project to put team talents to optimal use;
- Optimise and enhance work methods to simply and clearly coordinate teams and cells;
- Build strong relationships with key contributors on the project to ensure a high-functioning team and foster effective communication between team members;
- Recommend plans of action to handle delays that impact the content, schedule or quality;
- Effectively gauge team spirit and carry out team activities in order to ensure a positive team morale;
- Foster productivity and mobilise and inspire the project team to reach targeted deliverables;
- Participate in talent acquisition and in the development and follow up of the staffing plan;
- Help manage project budgets and report on status as appropriate;
- Develop understanding of best practices in project management and implement the best processes, methods and tools for the project;
- Manage the development and performance of direct reports;
- Anticipate and mitigate any risks relating to the project in regards to resourcing.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills;
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, and work effectively under pressure;
- In depth knowledge of the video game industry and production processes;
- In depth knowledge of video game market, qualities of leadership and/or knowledge of technology;
- Ability to manage competing priorities;
- Excellent knowledge of issue and project management software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Excellent knowledge of common project management methodologies (e.g. Agile).
- 3 - 5 years' relevant experience in game development and/or project management;
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience in team management is essential.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Opening Date: 21st March 2018
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.