Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile game developer based right in the heart of Leamington Spa, England, specialising in highly innovative and mass market F2P games.
The Company was founded by David Darling CBE in 2011 (he was one of the original founders of Codemasters). We have a dynamic, highly experienced team of developers, including the original creator of Micro Machines, who use their talents to create fun and exciting games.
As a Level Designer, you're highly creative, passionate about F2P mobile games and looking to progress your skills in next generation mobile gaming.
What you tell your friends you do
“I play games all day and every day and make features that players go wow!”
What you will really be doing
Designing our games to make them as successful as possible
Concepting, level designing, implementing and analysing the success of features
How you will be doing this
You’ll be creating levels and working in Unity game engine
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and talented team and work closely with them
What have we worked on last quarter
We’ve been improving Tens! and developing several other exciting mobile F2P games which are due to be launched imminently
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important design and technical decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the original Micro Machines video game.
Skills and requirements
At least 3 years game design experience with at least 2 years working on successful free to play mobile games
Innovative, creative and strong problem solving skills
Logical mindset and analytics experience including running live game tests, analysing player behaviour, balancing economies, balancing gameplay
Proven ability to work at many levels, from high level concepts to detailed design implementation and balancing
A “self-starter” mentality
Attention to detail
Excellent communication & presentation skills
Salary and location
- Salary is negotiable depending upon experience and proven track record plus company benefits and royalties sharing scheme
- Benefits include private pension, private medical cover and life assurance
- This job is based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- The position involves working a minimum of 40 hours per week in our office
What else do we offer?
- A highly creative atmosphere with the opportunity to contribute daily to important development decisions
- An extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling CBE and many other industry veterans
- A very ambitious ethos - we are aiming to create chart topping mobile hits
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!