About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Most recently, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We're now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for talented artists to help make them great.
We're looking for a talented Senior VFX artist to help us build stunning effects for our projects. Applying your mix of technical and artistic skills, you will be responsible for the maintaining and pushing the visual quality of the Gears of War franchise while collaborating with Design and Programming to ensure the game is fun and visually impressive.
- Work with the VFX team to drive the creation of gameplay and environmental effects
- Effectively communicate and motivate the team, ability to receive and act upon feedback
- Advocates best practices and sets the quality bar to be visually impressive yet run within technical specifications
- Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to improve gameplay choices and Programming to maintain our performance requirements
- Able to set and maintain strong VFX pipelines
Essential Skills and Experience
- Has worked on at least two commercially released titles as a VFX artist on a game titles
- Great technical knowledge of 3D packages, texturing packages and game engines like Unreal
- Must have experience authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints imposed by console and PC technology
- Strong understanding the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how to use VFX to provide gameplay feedback
- Strong understanding and application of timing, scale, composition and colour
- Current with latest art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous roles as a senior or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of game development workflows, processes and tools
- Knowledge in rigid body and fluid simulation
- Passion for problem solving and pushing boundaries
- Able to take full ownership of VFX implementation
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.