Traveller's Tales in Knutsford are on the lookout for a talented Designer to join their Design team on LEGO Worlds, initially on a fixed term basis. We welcome applications from experienced Designers and are also happy to hear from recent graduates.
Reporting to the Game Director and Assistant Game Director the role will involve:
- Liaising with the Game Director to ensure asset requests are entered into the Game Planner.
- Working with the design team to help plan exciting content for LEGO Worlds.
- Implement, test and balance new LEGO Worlds content.
- Placement of incidental LEGO gameplay objects.
- Implementation within the LED of quests and activities.
- Implementation within the LED of races and puzzles.
- Balancing of gameplay (races/quests/LEGO puzzles/AI enemies).
- Testing and refining gameplay.
- Liaising with other LEGO Worlds development departments at every step of the process to ensure all designs are consistently brilliant.
- Collating and actioning feedback from design leads.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Solid understanding of game editing tools and software.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Previous design experience is desired however not essential.
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and a link to your online portfolio to Alex Brilus and firstname.lastname@example.org