Product Manager - Game Engine
We are looking for a Product Manager to define the evolution of our internal game engine used by most of the live games. You will be responsible for building a strong relationship with stakeholders and guiding the evolution of the product toward improving all live game teams productivity .
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the definition of the game engine and tools strategy so they continuously improve the game teams productivity and focus on the main problems they need to solve. Continuously following on game teams current needs and problems, you'll spread knowledge and guide the teams towards solving the problems that have the most impact to improve your stakeholders' productivity at the company level.
* Establish a shared product vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
* Continually collect inputs and needs from the different stakeholders (game teams developers, artists and producers, central functions) to create a product vision and prioritized list of problems to solve to improve their productivity.
* Elaborate on the expected impact and values of the problems you expect the product to solve for the customers.
* Work closely with peers in the team leadership group (Technical Director, Ux Designer, Release Manager, etc.) as stakeholders of the product.
* Manage the customer relationship and be a customer champion into the team, ensuring that the customer perspective and impact is always coming first. Facilitate a permanent collaboration and communication between game teams and the Fiction Factory team
* Continuously provide to the team the big picture vision on what the customers are currently doing and problems they are facing.
* Continuously update the customers and team on status and plans for the product through presentations, studio visits and dashboards.
Skills to create thrills
* You have experience and are passionate about building exceptional products for developers and artists, and understand what a great game engine and tools that meet these needs looks like.
* You have experience working as Product Manager in a game team or a game engine team
* You have experience doing the synthesis of many inputs to produce a impact/value driven approach to prioritization of problems the product should solve.
* You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
* You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, able to engage your audience on a personal level.
* Ability to steer to consensus, balancing between stakeholder approval and forward momentum.
* Previous experience working as part of game production (Developer, Artist, Designer...)
* Experience with game engines like Unity, Unreal etc.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.