Senior 3D Environment Artist
Senior 3D Environment Artist
Salary: competitive market rate
Application start date: 1st March, 2018
Application end date: 29th March, 2018
Thirsty for new opportunities? We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Environment Artist to join our Global Art Team in Barcelona or London.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will join our Central Art Team and create artwork for a broad variety of live games, games under development and prototypes with different styles and genres. You will work with our studios across the Kingdom - London, Barcelona, Berlin, Stockholm, Malmö and Seattle - as an extension of their teams to develop and deliver the next generation of King games. If you like constant challenge and variety this is the team for you!
Skills to create thrills
* Highly creative with a true passion for games, having previously worked in the gaming (or similar) industry
* Extensive experience creating appealing in-game environments
* You know how to create polished and distinct gameplay assets with a great eye for composition and colour
* You've extensive experience of Maya, Zbrush or similar and the Adobe CS package
* You work proficiently in both high-poly and low-poly modeling, sculpting and retopology
* Knowledge of rendering/shading, texturing and UV mapping
* You are comfortable with cartoony, casual and mid-core styles
* You proactively deliver artwork to the target device
* Good communication and organizational skills
* You are an inspiring mentor to other artists
* Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
* Skills in animation and special effects
* Experience of creating concept art
* Skills in creating high quality 2D artwork
* Interest in visual and interaction design
* Experience from working in an agile project environment
* Previous experience from creating casual and/or mobile games
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Barcelona & London
Barcelona - Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
London - Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.