Senior 3D Animator
Senior 3D Animator
Salary: competitive market rate
Application start date: 1st March, 2018
Application end date: 29th March, 2018
We are looking for a talented Senior Animator to join our Global Art Team in London or Barcelona
Your role within our Kingdom
You will join our Central Art Team and help design and develop a broad variety of live games, games under development and prototypes with different styles and genres. You will work with our studios across the Kingdom - London, Barcelona, Berlin, Stockholm, Malmö and Seattle - as an extension of their teams to develop and deliver the next generation of King games. If you like constant challenge and variety this is the team for you!
Skills to create thrills
* A creative person with a passion for games who has previously worked in the gaming industry or similar
* Strong understanding of animation principles
* Relevant experience as a 3D animator with a track record of creating appealing character and object animations, preferably in Maya
* Ability to work with both high-poly and low-poly models
* Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
* Comfortable with cartoony, casual and mid-core styles
* Good communication and organizational skills
* Proactive in learning and developing your skills
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
* Skills in technical rigs and physics setups
* Ability to write animation scripts
* Experience from special effects and particle tools
* Ability to model, preferably in Maya
* Knowledge of rendering/shading, texturing and UV mapping
* Traditional 2D animation skills
* Skills in Adobe CS package
* Experience working in an agile project environment
* Previous experience creating casual and/or mobile games
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in London & Barcelona
London - Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Barcelona - Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.