Senior VFX Artist
Senior VFX Artist
Advertising start date: Wednesday 18July 2018
Advertising end date: Sunday 19 August 2018
We are looking for a talented VFX Artist to join our Global Art Team in Barcelona or London
Your role within our Kingdom
You will join our Central Art Team and create amazing visual effects for a broad variety of live games, games under development and prototypes with different styles and genres. You will work with our studios across the Kingdom - London, Barcelona, Berlin, Stockholm, Malmö and Seattle - as an extension of their teams to develop and deliver the next generation of King games. If you like constant challenge and variety this is the team for you!
Skills to create thrills
* A creative person with a passion for games
* You have knowledge of a wide and varied range of physical effects and a passion for interpreting them in a digital medium
* You have experience in the game industry as a VFX artist
* Adaptive in conceptualising, creating and animating various styles and genres of VFX
* Used to working with Photoshop, 3D applications (Maya or 3D Studios Max) and particle editors, as well as AfterEffect or similar programs for pre-visualising VFX
* Experience in utilising and adapting real time shaders and post processing effects
* Strong knowledge in environmental effects, lighting and dynamics
* You can create original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects
* Technical expertise and familiarity with game engines and their performance requirements, experience of optimising VFX to run effectively on target hardware
* Knowledge in building VFX libraries, as well as establishing and maintaining a VFX asset pipeline
* Good communication and organizational skills
* Proactive in learning and developing your skills
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
* Ability to write scripts and actions to create VFX
* Experience working in an agile project environment
* Previous experience from creating casual and/or mobile games
* Experience using Unity
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in London & Barcelona
London - Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Barcelona - Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.