Senior Technical Artist
It is a very exciting time at King and we're looking for two talented Mid/ Senior Technical Artists to join our team.
Your Role Within our Kingdom
You will work closely with Artists, Producers, Game Designers and Developers as part of an experienced team where both your technical skills and creative vision will help shape the next generation of King games. You will also be part of the wider Technical Art Community at King, a unique environment where we share and support each other to achieve our full potential.
If you want to work in small dynamic teams and still have access to a strong network of like-minded friends, we could offer you a fantastic opportunity for growth.
Skills to Create Thrills
* Excellent knowledge of one major 3D software packages (Maya preferred)
* Excellent knowledge of 2D creation software (Photoshop)
* Good knowledge of game engine workflows and an understanding of graphics rendering
* Strong scripting ability (e.g. Python)
* Proven track record of both artistic and technical creativity with a passion for solving problems
* Understanding of how to optimise games content for memory and performance
* Passion and drive to push visual quality or streamline workflows
* Experience in creating various game content (animations/modelling/etc)
* A proactive communicator, willing to give and receive constructive feedback
* Experience with Unity3D, Corona or Unreal Mobile
* Understanding of GLSL or similar shading language
* Experience of extending 2D software (Photoshop) via scripting
* You have shipped a mobile game in the past
* Experienced in working in an Agile / Scrum environment
* Understanding of Adobe Flash
* Good Knowledge of typical development languages (C++)
* Good knowledge of mathematics and physics (vector calculus, linear algebra)
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
About the Barcelona Studio
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Please apply in English and don't forget to share your portfolio with us.