Division: id Software | Department: Programming | Location: Richardson , TX, US
id Software is looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to work as part of a development team on legendary id game properties like DOOM and QUAKE, developing custom tools and technology for the game industry’s most advanced engine technology. You must be able to work closely with individuals in the other development disciplines to create effective and efficient workflow solutions and processes including game editor/visual tools, as well as build and pipeline tools.
- Work with our Core Technology group to create the best in class FPS engine tailored for our legendary titles.
- Work well with other engineers, artists, and designers specifically in the areas of developer experience and iteration time.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule.
- 5+ years game industry programming experience with at least 3+ years of tools experience
- Significant contributions to at least 1 AAA shipped game or film
- Strong C++ design and coding experience
- Experience with MFC
- Experience with game editor and commercial (Max, PhotoShop, Modo, etc. ) plugins/modification
- Experience writing code that balances performance and maintainability.
- Experience with animation, 3D graphics, audio, AI, or gameplay programming
- Excellent math skills
- Enjoys jumping into lots of different systems, tackling everything from entire systems to random tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Comfortable working in cross-discipline teams
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code that adheres to a well-documented coding standard
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- University or equivalent computer science degree
- Extensive experience with any version of idTech
- Experience with OpenGL and DirectX
- Experience with C++11
How to Apply