Division: Bethesda Softworks | Department: Platform | Location: Austin, TX, US
Bethesda Softworks seeks a DevOps Engineer to work in a team environment that will help build, automate, and monitor the infrastructure platform for our games. Your mission will be to help architect, create and support a reliable, secure, scalable environment to provide the best gaming experience for our end users.
· You will do this as part of a team of system administrators, network engineers, and database analysts building an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to better understand their software, enabling you to adapt the platform to their needs.
· You should have a passion for producing quality deliverables in a timely manner which will work under duress and whine loudly when they fail. You will be working in a fast paced (Agile) environment, following a structured build and publishing process.
· The ideal candidate is a technology generalist (who may have demonstrated significant specialization in previous positions) who can comfortably and confidently work with and learn from an experienced team comprised of veterans from within and outside the game industry.
· You must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a live environment supporting more than 100 physical or virtual Linux (CentOS/RHEL/Debian/Ubuntu) systems with recent hands-on experience in:
· Core system services: BIND, Sendmail, Postfix, Samba, NTP, NFS, etc.
· System and Application Logging: syslog-ng, rsyslog, Fluentd, Splunk, etc.
· Source code management: Git, Subversion, Mercurial, etc.
· SQL or NoSQL databases: MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, MongoDB, CouchDB, MemcacheDB, ElasticSearch, etc.
· You must have some experience automating system tasks and monitoring infrastructure deployment using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash) and exposure to configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible), infrastructure orchestration tools (Terraform, CloudFormation), and automated imaging tools (PXE, Kickstart, Cobbler, Packer).
· You must have experience using and optimizing monitoring and trending systems (Nagios, Sensu, Zenoss, Zabbix, Cacti, Graphite, Grafana, etc.) and the agents required to drive them (collectd, Telegraf, Diamond, Snap).
· You must have prior experience in a 24/7 on call rotation supporting business critical applications or systems.
· Game experience preferred
· Experience automating public cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and implementing private cloud infrastructure (OpenStack, Eucalyptus) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, OpenShift)
· A passion for security tools and best practices: OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing.
· Experience with load balancers (F5, Citrix, HAProxy), Service Registry and Discovery (Consul, Etcd), and Storage/SAN (FC/iSCSI)
· Experience performing system and network and application load testing and identifying and addressing hardware, network, system, or application bottlenecks.
· Experience with continuous build/integration systems: Hudson/Jenkins, GitLab CI, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.
· Linux networking experience is a plus, this includes routing, NAT, VLAN, bridging, and prior experience with Cisco or Juniper network routers and switches is a plus.
· Passion for games
How to Apply