Are you an artist passionate about making commercially successful games, creating good looking, user friendly and consistent mobile art that delight our players? Awesome, we at the Rovio Stockholm RPG Studio are looking for a talented Senior Game Artist to help us with current and upcoming titles.
The role is very broad and you should be ready to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to implementation tricks.
The Rovio Stockholm Studio is behind the hugely popular title Angry Birds 2 and while soaring on that success we are also developing several new IPs and exploring new game ideas within the RPG genre, as well as improving and expanding Angry Birds 2 even further. In the studio, situated in the south part of the city centre, we keep a flat hierarchy, a high level of transparency and an open communication. We challenge each other and ourselves in all we do here but keep the atmosphere friendly, inclusive, respectful and super supportive.
We invision someone whose creative output makes our team and players go bananas. You need a portfolio demonstrating your skills in 2D and 3D and a bottomless passion for excellent game art. You will be working closely with the other artists, designers and programmers to create unforgettable experiences for our fans.
You'll fit in our flock if you have:
- Jaw-dropping concept art skills with a passion for stylized characters and environments
- Solid understanding of 2D, 3D and animation in mobile games
- Strong interest in games, latest design trends and pop culture
- Experience on published games using Unity 3D or similar engines
- A proactive attitude and a problem solving mindset
- Joy spreading knowledge and being modest when receiving feedback
- A lighthearted attitude that embraces Rovio's mischievous characters and nutty worlds
- Strong communication, organisational and team collaboration skills
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- 5+ years of experience in the games industry
- A natural drive to define, manage and refine processes in art development
- Expertise in mobile optimized 3D modelling would be the cherry on top
- Fluent in English
We’re looking for team members who bring their passion and creative spirit to everything they do. You love to take ownership and work in an agile environment? You constantly learn from the world’s top artists but you’re pumped to always go a step further? – If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in an fun and creative environment. Contribute to one of the most recognized brands in the world and expose your work to a global audience.
What you get when you join us:
- We give you the best support we can, we help you grow and achieve your professional goals.
- We do have fun! We are a family-like community that is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious.
- You will get to work in truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together.
- Great opportunity to work with top talent in the gaming industry!
- Competitive benefits such as a cell phone of our top models, a laptop you feel comfortable with, lunch and sport vouchers, breakfast, gaming area, gym, sauna and more.
Slingshot your application over now - we look forward to hearing from you!