Studio Gobo are looking for a proven AAA PC and console producer to join their Hove based team. The ideal candidate will be confident with large team development and executing on an external publisher's vision.
As a producer at Studio Gobo you will be accountable for the timely delivery, budget and final quality of the game, working with the Game Director and Production Director.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Schedule & Planning: Work with feature and project leads to create, prioritise and maintain the projects schedule and product backlog.
- Milestone planning: Run and co-ordinate sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, team & project meetings and external meetings.
- Dependencies: Clearly identify any cross-team and cross-function dependencies and develop mitigation plans.
- Risk Management: Identifying areas of risk as early as possible and create solutions to manage these before they impact the project.
- Pipelines & Workflows: Work with subject matter experts to develop pipelines and workflows that minimise risk and allow for predictive planning.
- Outsource: Manage outsource work in conjunction with the leads and subject matter experts.
- Co-Dev : As a co-dev partner you will work with the lead studio or publisher on integrating their working practices and be aligned on what quality and success looks like.
- People Management: Motivate your team daily and provide them with the support they need to carry out the goals and vision of the project. Provide mentorship to junior production team.
- Dev QA Liaison: Work with the Dev QA Lead to ensure that the continuous QA strategy is working effectively across the team and that milestones are appropriately planned for.
- Communication: Communicate to all key stakeholder's project progress and quality. Assist the Production Director with studio, biz dev and publisher communications.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have developed a AAA game from concept to release on either console or PC in the producer role.
- Solid understanding of game development and video game technologies, with experience in all phases of development.
- Established communication, people, interview, presentation, organizational and documentation skills
- Experience with agile development processes, specifically Scrum and Kanban.
- Highly skilled in the use of Excel, Jira, Hansoft and other project management tools
- Creative problem solver who can work within a team to produce AAA gaming products.
- KPI and data driven. You use KPIs and analytics to help you plan and develop your products, communicate progress to stakeholders and demonstrate accountability to partners and publishers.
- Prince 2 or similar qualifications.
- Experience working with external teams and publishers.
- Experience working on Games as a Service and live ops.
- A firm grasp of live game analytics.
- A background in engineering, design or art would be beneficial.
- Experience working on multiplayer and PVE games.