FIRESPRITE IS AN EXPANDING VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT STUDIO BASED IN THE HEART OF LIVERPOOL CITY CENTRE. WE HAVE COLLABORATED WITH PLAYSTATION JAPAN STUDIO ON THE PLAYROOM & PLAYROOM VR FOR PLAYSTATION 4, FOR WHICH WE DEVELOPED THE VISUAL STYLE. WE ALSO CREATED THE MULTI-MILLION DOWNLOADED TITLE 'RUN SACKBOY! RUN!' FOR PLAYSTATION FOR IOS, ANDROID, AND PLAYSTATION VITA. WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON SOME AWESOME NEW GAMES FOR PLAYSTATION 4 AND ALL MAJOR GAMING PLATFORMS.
SO IF YOU LOVE THE IDEA OF WORKING IN A HIGHLY CREATIVE, VIBRANT ATMOSPHERE WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO DAILY DEVELOPMENT DECISIONS, WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR A 3D MODELLER NEEDED TO JOIN THE ART TEAM ON AN UNANNOUNCED PROJECT.
About the role - 3D Modeller.
- The ability to work from photo reference or concept art to deliver a fully game ready asset including texturing and shading in game engine
- To over deliver on the spec given by the Art Director
- Create the artwork based on the specification given by the technical team, budgets, shaders etc.
- Must have delivered high quality assets for at least one AAA game (or have an awesome portfolio)
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
- Must be equally comfortable creating the texture maps for geometry, using legal photography as a source or originating from scratch.
- Must have experience of full project workflow, creating the artwork from concepts/photos to final shader and optimisation tweaks.
- Must understand PBR workflow with skills in Substance preferred.
- Understand light and shade and how light should flow across your objects.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent English communication skills.
- Must have a passion and understanding of what makes AAA games great.
- A love of video games and cinema
- Has excellent people and communication skills.
- Hansoft experience
This role would be an initial 6 month contract, with possible extension for the right candidate
Salary and location
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience and proven track record.
This job is based right in the heart of Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside
The position involves working a minimum of 37.5 hours per week in our office
You must have the full right to work within the UK