Senior Backend Developer - Infrastructure Dev Team
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer who will take pride in creating the very best custom tools for multiple games or business/tech teams around the Kingdom.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you are an experienced backend developer who likes to work in an environment where things move quickly, then King is the place for you! As a member of our InfraDev Apps team you'll have a great opportunity to make your mark by taking on new challenging projects from concept to production. You will have the chance to work with several teams within our Kingdom, from game and tech to more corporate teams, creating tools to improve their capabilities. You will, among other things...
* Evaluate technical solutions for existing day to day challenges/problems our colleagues face at King.
* Design, architect and implement server features required to support new tools for our internal teams.
* Guarantee the performance, reliability, scalability and security of our applications.
* Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis.
Skills to create thrills
You have great passion for programming and a solid sense of quality and polish. As a developer you are also analytical and genuinely interested in understanding the whole tech stack. Other skills in your toolbox include:
* Experience with large RDBMS and NoSQL systems.
* Solid knowledge in webserver and application server management.
* Experience creating/consuming REST APIs.
* Builds efficient, reliable and secure systems: experience automating, testing and monitoring.
* Experience working with Agile methodologies.
* Experience in containerization of applications.
* Able to deploy scalable solutions in cloud environments.
* Eager to learn and teach.
* Fluent in English.
* Understanding of statistical and Machine Learning techniques.
* Experience with MapReduce frameworks.
* Experience with real time data processing.
* Background/interest in NLP.
* Experience in bot development.
* Startup mindset
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.