Backend Developer for Internal Applications
We are looking for a technical co-founder for our custom applications development team. That is a Backend Developer who will take pride in creating the very best experiences to solve the problems of our teams around the Kingdom and, when the time comes, bring those solutions to the whole open source community.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you are a backend developer who likes to work in an environment where things move quickly, then King is the place for you! As a member of our Dev Apps team you'll have a great opportunity to make your mark by taking on new challenging initiatives from ideation to production. You will have the chance to work with several teams within our Kingdom, from game and tech to more corporate teams, creating systems and applications to improve their capabilities, efficiency and effectiveness. You will, among other things...
* Design, architect and implement from scratch a framework to support new systems and applications for our internal teams, striving for fast and agile development cycles.
* Guarantee the performance, reliability, scalability and security of our applications.
* Evaluate and propose technical solutions to address challenges and problems our teams face at King.
* Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis.
* Play with a wide range of technologies, from traditional web and mobile applications, to IoT devices, bots, video-conferencing integrations, etc., using cutting-edge market solutions and systems.
Skills to create thrills
You have great passion for programming and a solid sense of quality and polish. As a developer you are also analytical and genuinely interested in understanding the whole tech stack. Other skills in your toolbox include:
* 3+ years experience in software development.
* Experience with large RDBMS and NoSQL systems.
* Solid knowledge in webserver and application server management.
* Experience creating/consuming REST APIs.
* Builds efficient, reliable and secure systems: experience automating, testing and monitoring.
* Eager to learn and teach.
* Fluent in English.
* Experience in containerization of applications.
* Ability to deploy scalable solutions in cloud environments.
* Experience with real time data processing.
* Background/interest in Big Data and ML.
* Experience working with Agile methodologies.
* Experience in bot development.
* Contributed in open source projects
* Have been part of a product development from ideation to production
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.