Impulse Gear is a leading VR Game Studio in San Francisco CA. We released our first VR Game called Farpoint in May of 2017 which has been well received by Core Gamers worldwide. Founded in 2013, our studio is comprised of exceptional game development talent from both the AAA and Mobile Game industry. Our core team has over 40 years of game development experience working on some of the largest and most successful titles in our industry’s history. We are looking for game developers who want to solve unique and interesting challenges, and want to have the ability to make a significant impact on future titles we are developing. We value fast iteration and people who take initiative and love to learn!
Here is a link to our story trailer for Farpoint - http://tinyurl.com/ya93yvqv
- 5+ years of game development experience
- Significant game design experience a must
- Overall knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, etc.
- Full development cycle experience, from first ideation to ship
- Experience designing combat scenarios
- Proficiency with one or more 3D level/world creation packages
- Familiarity with recent shooters and the trends of the genre
- A true gamer. You live and breathe the games you make and regularly play other games for fun
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Strong desire to work on Virtual Reality games
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
A Game /Combat Designer shouild expect to
- Design and implement unique and compelling combat scenarios
- Work with world builders (and other team members) to create combat scenarios that fit the vision and intention of the game as a whole
- Work closely with the entire development team to help shape the game’s design, combat scenarios and core game mechanics
- Contribute and collaborate on gameplay systems
- Work independently to complete projects with limited supervision
- Be tightly integrated into the team and proactively gather requirements across disciplinary boundaries
- Always be learning and staying current with new techniques in the art of making games
Impulse Gear is a leading VR game development studio, solving unique problems and bringing new creative ideas to our industry. We offer competitive compensation packages, with stock options, along with top end health coverage and other benefits. We are located in the heart of San Francisco, close to BART and many restaurants. We have a fun collaborative team, and are committed to ensuring our employees success.
Impulse Gear is committed to an inclusive and diverse employee base, and is an equal opportunity employer.