Demonware creates and provides the online services behind hugely popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty and Skylanders. We provide matchmaking, microtransactions, storage and account management services for almost half a billion users. Demonware has offices in Dublin, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Shanghai, China, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.
Team / Role Summary:
Demonware's Products department is responsible for delivering bundled suites of services for game studios. These services include: Matchmaking, marketplace and gameplay driven rewards, storage and content delivery, player identity management, Studio dashboard for managing their title. This role is to lead a team of engineers responsible for designing, building and managing our next generation storage products. These products provide essential services to the game client for large file upload/download, structured data store, video streaming, ...etc.
• Provide direction and strategy for our products. Understand what the big picture is and how to get there.
• Own the relationship with customers and game studios in relation to your products. Understand their needs and provide an exemplary service personally and through your team.
• Management of goals, performance, and career advancement for direct reports. Holding reports accountable to their expected contribution for their level.
• Provide career direction for direct and indirect reports, helping them establish a personal career path and continuously develop themselves.
• Collaborate with the project manager to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and studios' requirements
• Organize and coordinate team members to effectively work on features together and with other teams in Demonware
• Ensure the software produced by the team achieves the quality bar we expect for our products
• Collaborate with HR and recruitment on various people and recruitment needs
• 2+ years of experience in similar leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience may be considered)
• Experience working in a game studio or providing online services to game studios in a plus.
• Ability to engage, develop, and retain high-performing engineers.
• Willingness to travel and accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes being on-call.
• Previous experience building and leading high-performing software development teams.
• Expertise in effective project management processes, software development methodologies, and their application
• Experience in Python, MySQL or Cassandra is a plus
What Demonware Offers:
• An excellent salary, with annual performance reviews
• 25 days holidays
• Annual bonus program
• Annual pay review
• Pension matching contributions
• Top-tier healthcare for you and your family
• Life insurance coverage
• Tax Saver Commuter Ticket scheme
• Bike to work Scheme
• Free Activision Games
• Snacks 24/7
• Flexible working practices, based on the belief that the quality of your work is not dependent on the number of hours sitting behind a desk
• A culture that emphasizes continual learning and improvement, with opportunities for career progression, travel, and a commitment to open source
Demonware by the numbers:
469+ million gamers
3.2+ million peak concurrent online users
300,000+ API calls per hour
70,000 requests per second at peak
Average query response time of
94,000+ metrics a second