Traveller's Tales are looking to recruit a Junior Character Artist on a 12 month fixed term contract. This will be based in the Characters & Models team at our studio in Knutsford.
- Identify and enter relevant issues into JIRA, ensuring sufficient information is given.
- The design and creation of LEGO characters as required / specified by the Lead Character Artist.
- The design and creation of LEGO creatures where the main elements are unique moulded elements rather than a LEGO model constructed from standard elements.
- The design and creation of 2D texture decals used on characters and creatures.
- Setup of Super Character based assets which include game side:
- Moulded hat/hair
- Unique moulded head elements
- Unique moulded Body Attachments, such as Armour, Wings and Backpacks
- Chest/back decals
- Arm, hip and leg decals where applicable
- Character definition and setup using in-house Character Animation Tool (CAT)
- Setup of Super Character based assets which include Maya side:
- Creation and maintenance of Animation Reference (AR) character versions as used by the Animation Team
- Optimisation of LEGO characters and creatures to support each game platform
- Working with Animators to ensure their needs are met during the rigging process.
- Creating approval sheets for internal and external review.
- Creating assets for publishing / marketing where cross conversion may be required.
- Setup and maintain Wiki documentation within the Character Artist discipline.
- Providing feedback on tools and working with the programming department to ensure tools provided are as accessible and productive as possible.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good artistic eye for quality and ability to ensure consistency in results.
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Good Working knowledge of in-house tools and software used in development.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the technical requirements and limitations of providing Character Art for use in a Game Engine.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
To apply please email a covering letter, CV and portfolio to Vicky MacMillan at email@example.com