About the role
Frontier is looking for a Principal Animation Systems Programmer to take a leading role in the development of an upcoming AAA title. You will work with programmers, animators and technical artists to take our in-house animation technology to a new level, and help us to stay at the forefront of visual quality in games. This is a very high profile franchise, which enjoys a global fanbase, and you can expect to be involved from the ground up in making a title that everyone will be talking about when the time comes. You will need to bring both player and non-player characters to life in a large and varied environment, and to do this you will have the exciting remit to explore a range of technologies, including current and next generation systems for procedural and physically driven animation , and leverage those that are most appropriate.
What we can offer
In return we offer a reward package to attract the best including a competitive salary, private healthcare for you and your family, and a range of flexible benefits from which you can select to suit your needs. You'll share in the success that you help to deliver through a generous company bonus scheme and share scheme participation, including a significant equity grant (through a Long Term Incentive Plan). If required, we can also offer support with re-relocation including a minimum relocation allowance of £5000 (tax free). Check out the benefits section on our website for further details on our total reward package.
Frontier is a studio with a long, successful and varied history of AAA development and this is an exciting time to join us, following our move to self publishing, and the breakout successes of Elite: Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We're expecting Jurassic World: Evolution to continue our story; it's already one of the most anticipated games of 2018. You would be working on an unannounced project which promises to be equally exciting. If that sounds interesting, why not contact us for an informal chat or apply on-line?
- Managing a team of programmers
- Technical authority for the animation suite's design
- Liaising with key stakeholders, particularly in the animation department, to make sure we develop the systems we need and take the best advantage we can of them
- Research and development to move our animation technology forward into the future
- Pro-actively contributing to both the animation programming and cross-discipline teams
- As a senior member of the programming team, you will be expected to support the development of colleagues, including graduates.
- An eye for animation principles and detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to develop others through effective mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to see the bigger picture and make a wider strategic contribution.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A proven track record at Senior/Principal level in a similar role is essential
- Significant C++ experience, as well as extensive software design experience
- Experience of developing animation systems
- Understanding of animation workflows, techniques and tool chains
- Experience in high fidelity reactive locomotion systems for characters and/or naturalistic animal behaviour would be highly beneficial, but is not essential.