Traveller's Tales in Knutsford are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to join our In-Game Animation and Rigging team. This will initially be a 12 month fixed term contract.
This is a brand new position within the department and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a highly successful and creative team.
We are looking for self-motivated applicants who can confidently support the Head of In-Game Animation and Leads in managing the various projects and the wider team. The ability to plan and schedule is essential.
Ideal candidates for the role would have:
- Confidence working with teams and strong communication skills.
- Excellent scheduling skills, organisational skills, and be comfortable at multitasking.
- The ability to handle large amounts of information and to use it effectively.
- A practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative issues.
- A flexible approach with the ability to adapt to change.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Familiarity with using JIRA, Project and Excel, or similar management software.
A strong candidate will also have:
- An interest in, and some understanding of, Animation and Video Games production.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating, updating and maintaining schedules, using Microsoft Project or similar software, tracking software such as JIRA, and where required implement and help refine in-house planning and scheduling tools.
- Tracking and updating tasks as required by the Head of In-Game Animation/Leads.
- Communicating production issues and risks and track progress where relevant to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Under the guidance of the Head of In-Game Animation/Leads, distribute tasks and bugs to the team.
- Help maintain the bugs databases to ensure relevant information is correct.
- Liaising with production staff from other departments to ensure overall production plans are on track.
- Attending meetings as required taking concise and comprehensive notes.
- Assist both the Head of In-Game Animation and Leads in day to day admin tasks.
To apply for this position please email a covering letter and CV to Vicky MacMillan at email@example.com