• Global games studio with worldwide presence
• AAA titles
• Cross-studio collaboration with challenging & exciting projects.
• Favours diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit.
Preference for AAA games titles published
Responsible for the game art content, ensuring that visual elements are of the highest quality.
The opening is for a self-motivated, keen and versatile Art Director who has proven ability to manage and inspire a team of game artists. This person will have strong skills in conception, 2D and 3D art together with a clear understanding of technical pipelines and familiarity with optimizing and implementing art assets for game engines
- Lead a team of artists producing 2D, 3D and VFX assets
- Define, hold and drive the project’s artistic vision in line with the overall creative direction for the game.
- Drive the creation of art and ensure that a unified vision is maintained and that artists have clear benchmarks for asset production.
- Contribute to the creation of both 2D and 3D art.
- Find artistic solutions which balance creative vision with production realities.
- Collaborate with Technical artists and leads to develop efficient and productive art pipelines and establish metrics which ensure artistic goals are met within technical performance targets.
- Work with production to support outsourcing partners with clear guideline documentation and effective feedback to realize goals.
- Review artists’ work and give feedback to ensure highest quality expectations are met.
- Be an active mentor and role model for the art team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm.
- Keep informed about latest advances in game art technique and technology
- Drive creation of presentation and marketing materials to communicate the artistic vision to stakeholders and external partners.
- Represent the company internally and externally with positivity and take the initiative to promote company values within the art team.
- Maintain contact with other studio projects to offer expertise and advice where needed.
- Be actively involved with recruitment, vetting candidates, performing interviews / recommending hires.
- Create training materials and events which develop the skills of the art and raise the quality bar within the studio.
Experience and Qualifications:
- College Diploma/Degree in 2D/3D, video game development or equivalent training/experience.
- 6 years’ experience of creating game art with minimum of 2 years at senior level or above.
- Experience of working on a published game from conception to release.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity in one or more game art disciplines across a range of styles.
- Strong 2D and concept art skills.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop.
- Good understanding of latest techniques in 3D modeling
- Good Knowledge of 3DSMax, ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- Technical mindset with experience of implementing assets in game engines.
- Understanding of fundamental art theory including principles of color, light, composition and anatomy.
- Proven ability to balance esthetics with performance and usability.
- Proven ability to present clear documentation communicating ideas both within the art team and to external clients.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Positive influence and leadership skills.
- Motivates and inspires others to generate new ideas.
- Good organization skills. Anticipates, prioritizes and plans own work.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Self-motivated and agile.
If you are interested, please let me know.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 427 690 971