This is a fantastic opportunity to join the well-established Total War Campaign team.
This position will see you working alongside programmers, designers and artists to deliver new, innovative and compelling gameplay features on Total War.
As a member of the Campaign Programming team, you will create high-quality, maintainable code using up-to-date C++ practices. You will work with our designers and artists to create high-quality gameplay features on the campaign map area, contributing to the design and iteration of those features. You will take ownership of new and existing features, and see those features through from production to release.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- Analytical and mathematical ability
- Good communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists and management staff
- Outstanding academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- Experience as a programmer in the games industry - at least 2 shipped titles
- Broad gaming experience and a sense of good game design
- A keen player of strategy games and games in general, including Total War
- Experience developing gameplay systems for strategy games or similar
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.