Network Software Engineer - Destiny
Network Engineer – Destiny
We’re looking for talented engineers to expand the Destiny universe. Every engineer at Vicarious Visions brings their experience and perspective, improving the quality of our studio and our games. We are looking for someone to bring their online networking expertise to what we do every day. We work on technologies that connect millions of players across the world to provide unique and meaningful experiences in people’s lives. We are looking for someone to help us innovate on connecting players in all new ways to change their lives. With your help, we can achieve greatness!
Your Guardian will be Responsible to :
· Design, implement and maintain network that are the backbone of our experiences
· Learn from & teach our partners and your peers in the way of networking
· Collaborate with various disciplines to create a shared understanding on how to make great workflows and technology
· Innovate and enable new experiences for connected players with your implementation
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
· Knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably C/C++
· Professional experience in network programming, preferably in real-time stateful networking systems
· Familiarity with different networking topologies and when they are best utilized
· Experience implementing secure communication channels
Located in Albany, NY, VV has brought their expertise to global franchises such as Skylanders and Guitar Hero for over 25 years, creating new entries in each series infused with the studio’s signature quality and forward-thinking approach to design. In 2017, VV released the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Triology, a rebuild of the classic games with gorgeous, all-new graphics, met with universal praise from fans and critics alike. Currently, the studio is spearheading the PC version of Destiny 2 (winner of ‘Best PC Game’ at E3 2017) and bringing their passion and talent to new stories and content within the world of Destiny.
Lovingly referred to as the VV Family, the team is composed of a diverse set of highly talented men and women who bring their personal expertise, creativity, and drive to every facet of the games and technology we create. The VV philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is brought to life through our family, who embody our values and soul in their work and play. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun; we have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices.