Business Development Associate
Strategy & Business Development
More information about this job
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
An exciting new role has arisen for a Business Development Associate to join our growing team. Reporting to the Head of Business Development, your role will encompass a variety of aspects, including:
- Achieving Jagex business development goals by evaluating potential games for publishing and business partners
- Researching, analysing and reporting on key market trends and new business opportunities
- Using a data driven approach to construct business cases and industry analysis and inform internal stakeholders
- Assisting in business modelling and forecasting
- Developing deep game industry contact network through attendance of game conferences, partner meetings and outreach
- Maintaining a high level of partner satisfaction through prompt, polite communication and maintaining of records
WHAT WE NEED
- Must be passionate about games and knowledgeable about the gaming industry
- Strong analytical capabilities and comfortability with financial analysis
- An understanding of business modelling/forecasting, contracts and legal issues, and/or understanding of game development processes will be considered an advantage
- Reliable, disciplined, organized; excellent communication skills with an outgoing, friendly personality
- Bachelor in Economics, Finance, Business, Law, Game Development preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
- To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
- To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
Drive to learn, grown and improve their current skill set and that of the function.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.