Junior Outsource Artist
More information about this job
Jagex Games is looking for an Junior Outsourcing Artist to make a critical contribution to a new project.
Working closely under the guidance of of our Art Directors and Leads group, you will be responsible for ensuring that our 3D Models and 2D assets are integrated correctly into our worlds and are of stellar, consistent quality.
You’ll be building fresh relationships with outsourcing vendors, liaising with external art teams; providing them with direction and timely creative feedback.
The person we’re looking for will have an understanding of and experience in game art creation, who mainly enjoys working with teams of both 2D and 3D artists and is able to utilise new assets to construct our worlds.
Day to Day:
- Work closely with the Art Directors and Leads to understand the artistic vision and quality required.(cross discipline).
- Build and maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Prepare asset briefs that clearly communicate technical, artistic and gameplay needs.
- Collaborate with vendors to provide direction and feedback to ensure quality and technical delivery is met.
- Test vendor deliveries and integrate outsourced assets into the game.
- Provide constructive and technical feedback in a timely manner.
- Creating detailed documentation of asset generation/best practice.
- Professional experience as an Outsourcing Artist or good all round 3d & 2d knowledge.
- Willingness to improve and accept direction and feedback.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Understanding complicated production pipelines.
- Understanding dependencies and expectations from each discipline of Outsourced work.
- Strong passion for computer generated Art.
- Understanding of Environment-, Character-, Vehicle- and Weapon-Art.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Working knowledge in industry standard 2D and 3D DCC’s
- Games industry knowledge and experience.
- Experience with Perforce.
- Understanding Animation, Concept and other discipline pipelines which may require outsourcing.
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.