More information about this job
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced DevOps engineer to join Jagex’s growing team. This is a newly created role, working to enable high functioning teams across the studio.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be:
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable Java/C# code.
- Developing and maintaining WebApis
- Helping to maintain code quality, organisation, and automatization
- Working on servers and scalable architectures and ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the servers
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong experience with Puppet, build and deploy systems, build promotion, data versioning
- Knowledge of service design patterns, Web APIS, and understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Strong understanding of networking, TCP/UDP, sockets
- Familiarity with the .NET framework and Mono
- Strong experience with databases, data cache, SQL and NoSQL
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of Perforce or GIT
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- An understanding of deployment strategies on cloud servers particularly using Kubernetes or Docker
- Ideally experience with AWS, Google Cloud, and security
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.