We are looking for a Gameplay Animator to join our growing studio to work on a range of exciting new games for PC and console. As a Gameplay Animator at Lucid Games, you will be responsible for the quality and content of the animations and functionality of gameplay systems. You will ensure that these systems are visually appealing of a high quality and in line with the game’s vision.
- Ability to create high quality animation content (fluidity, readability, weight and timing, etc)
- Is capable of being autonomous, reporting to the Animation Director and engaging with peers to create fun playable gameplay systems.
- Follow up on and validate animations produced in engine
- Actively participate in animation system design and problem resolution / Takes ownership of the systems assigned to him/her and sees them through to completion
- Working closely with design and programmers to create an efficient development pipeline and ensure the quality of their animation upon integration.
- Play the game to validate movement control.
- Collaborate across the art, design and programming teams to find solutions to issues with all game models that feature movement components.
- Set up assets in the Unreal 4 game engine.
- Assisting in the development of tools and working with the programming team to ensure these tools are continuously improved.
- Carry out all other animation related tasks.
- Game Development experience (3+ years working in the video games industry)
- Good eye and understanding of animation is key, attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills and a friendly can do attitude
- Good general technical knowledge of game play systems
- Highly motivated to push the quality bar of animation with an open mind
- Relevant software experience (one or more) – Motion builder, Maya, 3DS Max
- Familiar with some kind of animation system: Unreal, Unity, Morpheme etc
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism.
As part of the Lucid Games application process, candidates must provide a demo reel and examples of their work to be considered. Show reels must show a base understanding of gameplay systems.
As well as being able to work with a team of world-class game developers with great career development opportunities in challenging projects, work life at Lucid includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension scheme
- Company health and dental care
If you think you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining a growing company and working with developers with a first class pedigree, then send in your CV and demo (or link to it).