HR Business Partner
More information about this job
We have an amazing opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join the Jagex family at an extremely exciting time for the business and the HR team.
You will work with an incredibly talented and newly shaped HR team in a business partner capacity. This is a real opportunity to bring your experience to the table as we drive toward positive change. Working closely with the Leadership team, this is a role for someone who embraces change and can build strong positive relationships, as well as helping the teams to navigate the future growth of the Company.
Reporting to the newly appointed Director of HR Operations, and being part of a wider HR team, this role will be focused on delivering value to the business through operational and strategic HR initiatives in support of our growth plans and company objectives.
This will be achieved through a relentless focus on our people, operational excellence and a commercial approach, ideally enhanced by an understanding and awareness of industry specific business challenges. The opportunity would suit someone who brings experiences already gained at ‘business partner’ level, looking for further progression longer term with a great company, great brand and within a highly creative, fast paced environment.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Develop strong relationships across the business and embed HR within the internal client teams.
- Consults with line management, providing expert input across a range of HR issues, designing and delivering high impact solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Drive consistency of approach across Jagex in attracting, maintaining and developing talent to support current/future organisational needs.
- Coach and build the capability of line managers, to enable them to anticipate and pre-empt organisational or team issues.
- Participate in relevant projects, helping to lead and champion, as appropriate, the Jagex plans to become an Employer of Choice.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management, challenges negative behaviours.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Assists with compensation discussions, setting guidelines for promotions or out of cycle salary increases for own client group.
- Identifies training needs for their own client groups and works with L&D to increase skills sets and efficiencies within the teams.
- Uses people data and information to analyse trends and develop solutions, programs and policies to tackle these effectively.
- Is an ambassador for the HR function and Jagex, representing it internally and externally.
Employment Legislation, Compliance and Policy
- Contribute to, and where appropriate define policies and processes that support the HR strategy and objectives
- Use and understand HR tools and policies, engaging with client teams effectively to ensure their fit for purpose and use within the business
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues within the confines of employment legislation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, working in partnership with the legal team as required.
- Understands and anticipates the need for change, able to diagnose the underlying issues and build frameworks to plan and manage this within the business.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrates integrity, resilience and the ability to work independently
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with stakeholders and peers through team work, collaboration and consultation.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of employment law and can apply this in a commercially focused and pragmatic fashion.
- Strong change management and organisation development skills and experience would be advantageous.
- Able to understand business priorities and adapt HR plans quickly, presenting pragmatic solutions to new situations as they arise.
- Commercially aware and able to apply understanding of company finances to push back and support managers to resource, develop and manage their teams.
- Able to remain calm, focused and make sensible decisions in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate level excel would be an advantage but not a must
- CIPD Qualified.
What you’ll need to succeed
- To be successful in this position you will be a proven solid all-rounder and generalist, with experience and understanding gained across the entire HR remit along with strong relationship management at the senior management level.
- A background within the creative space/tech and gaming industry will be highly preferred, however, a relatable field will also be considered.
- You will be an excellent communicator with a superb level of customer service and accuracy within HR. You will be up to date with UK employment law and be committed to continuing your career in HR within an ambitious environment.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.