Legal & Business Affairs
More information about this job
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Counsel to join Jagex’s growing team.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you would be accountable for:
- Reviewing and updating the IP strategy of the company.
- Managing diverse portfolio of IP assets (trademarks, licenses, designs, patents, etc.), minimizing the use of external trade mark attorneys.
- Protecting the IP assets in a cost-effective manner dealing with IP infringement cases.
- Reviewing and drafting commercial contracts and support the business in negotiating these contracts to a conclusion.
- Advising the business on IP, commercial, corporate, data protection, employment and regulatory issues generally.
- Liaising with external counsels when needed.
- Communicating effectively both orally and in writing, to establish and maintain effective work relationships and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
WHAT WE NEED
- Considerable experience in a similar Legal Counsel or related role, preferably gained in a technology focused environment
- Significant years PQE and holding an active practicing certificate
- Legal counsel experience in the areas of commercial contract agreements within the technology industry, including software licensing such as perpetual and subscription models, purchase agreements and NDA’s
- Working in a fast-moving environment with the ability to work simultaneously on both adhoc tasks and ongoing strategic initiatives
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ideally, exposure to intellectual property law
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have a GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
Drive to learn, grown and improve their current skill set and that of the function.
Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.