Analytics & Data Science
More information about this job
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Jagex Games Studio is looking for an enthusiastic Product Analyst to join our Analytics & Data Science Department, working on a portfolio of products including our hugely successful MMORPGs RuneScape and OldSchool. You’ll be working with, learning from, and enhancing the capabilities of a highly skilled analytics team using industry leading tools and working within a vibrant, dynamic environment.
Your access to analysts, scientists, engineers and platform will allow you to grow your skills and knowledge, and your exposure to departments all across the business will allow your contributions to steer decision-making for continued success and growth of our exciting games portfolio.
As we innovate and improve, we’re looking for an individual with curiosity and an analytical mind who, like us, believes that smart use of data can make the world a better and more fun place to be.
As a Product Analyst, you’ll be:
- Working closely with product owners and department leads, articulating and solving problems to provide invaluable insight that directly impacts on the decisions we make and content that goes into game.
- On a daily basis, working with existing data feeds and writing SQL to transform our vast stores of game telemetry data into meaningful analysis, striving to find the best answer using available resources.
- Performing retrospectives on released games & content to help development teams understand how the content was received, what worked and what can be improved on.
WHAT WE NEED
- Proven analytical capabilities with a passion for delivering quality analysis.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Exceptional Excel skills.
- Database familiarity (eg. Hadoop, Vertica or similar).
- Diligence, initiative, dedication and teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
EVEN BETTER IF
- Games Industry Experience.
- RuneScape player with strong game knowledge.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Interest in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Predictive Analytics.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
Drive to learn, grown and improve their current skill set and that of the function.
Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.