Tools and Pipeline Engineer, Rendering
SW Engineering TOOLS01064
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You are both an experienced developer and avid gamer - and love blending your two passions! You’re an excellent communicator and love finding solutions to complex problems. You enjoy a role where you can expect the unexpected, move at an exceptionally fast-pace and can contribute to a best-in-class player experience.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Tools, and Pipeline engineer to join our rendering team, delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers: Forged to Fight., 2017 Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game".
In this role, you can expect to:
- Ideate, architect, and implement scalable tools and pipelines, collaborating with the rendering and art teams to gather requirements, and acting upon feedback to refine and hone features
- Collaborate with other programmers on integration and support tasks
- Other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements as requested
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in..
Your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with a graphics API (OpenGL, Metal, Vulkan, etc.)
- Proficiency in Unity3D and C#
- Proven track record for working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
We’d be very interested if you have:
- Experience in a pipeline and/or tools role
- Experience working in a central technology role, supporting multiple projects and/or teams
- Experience with shipping a mobile game
- Familiarity with mobile free-to-play games and mobile best practices
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.