Business Intelligence DATAS01060
Vancouver, BC, CAN
Join a team of highly-motivated individuals inquisitive spirits who are always searching for the answers to hard questions. With an inquisitive spirit, you will provide meaningful insights into how Kabam’s games operate and contribute to setting them up for continued success.
Kabam is looking for a Data Scientist with a strong technical and analytical background to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers Forged to Fight with new exciting projects on the way!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Developing and tuning statistical models to guide measurement and optimization
- Identifying and reporting actionable insights to internal stakeholders, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results
- Working with product teams to develop meaningful datasets for analysis
- Providing and inform analysis and development of KPIs
- Defining the data acquisition and analysis for A/B tests in order to estimate impact and provide recommendations
- Developing models for predicting player behavior
- Answering in-depth analytics questions from the team and create reports of the results
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And that’s where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of experience translating data to insight to recommendations
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering)
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Proficient in (statistical) programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Experience in translating results to provide actionable insight into user/product behavior
- Able to present findings to non-technical audiences
- Passion for games
To take things a level up, it would be nice to have:
- Experience in the video game or entertainment industry, specifically focused on virtual economics
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (AWS EMR, Spark, Hadoop, columnar DBs, NoSQL, etc.)
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience in social or mobile game development
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.