3D Character Artist
Vancouver, BC, CAN
Your passion for art is expressed in the form of your creation. The creation process does not feel like work for you. Rather, you enjoy every moment of the process and are excited by adding your contributions. You take pride in delivering high-quality work with a demanding timeline. As a fan, you’re knowledgeable about Marvel and a geek in general. You’re self-driven and be able to complete with a character in time, with minimal supervision.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a 3D Character Artist with a background in modeling to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight., 2017 Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game".
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Modeling and texturing high quality character models in low, medium, and high polygon counts.
- Supporting the teams in implementing the overall vision for the game, while also taking ownership over establishing a cohesive vision for the characters.
- Working collaboratively with artists and game designers to create a diverse collection of high definition characters, pairing unique gameplay and character vision.
- Being the expert of Maya for hi/low character modeling, weighting, rigging, animation, and rendering.
- Having an in depth understanding of 3D digital sculpting techniques, normal map and displacement map creation with ZBrush, Mudbox etc.
- Having a solid understanding of the entire process of creating characters for games, including building effective rigs, weighting, integrating with animation, blending systems etc.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in..
Your background includes:
- Extensive experience using Maya, Photoshop and ZBrush (Unity, Substance and 3D Coat experience is a bonus!)
- At least 4-5 years of game development experience.
- Character work on shipped titles demonstrating a range of character styles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in sculpture, anatomy, character design in a range of styles
- Previous experience leading project teams
Join a passionate and experienced team at Kabam who are committed to excellence and creativity in their work, growing skills individually and collectively as a team. Always up for new ideas, this is a “must-love-fun” environment so a terrific sense of humour will take you far.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us. Please also include a link to your portfolio.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.