Senior System Engineer
SW Engineering SENIO01072
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for game design. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our engineering team as Senior Systems Engineer at our Vancouver studio. You enjoy solving complex problems where you can exercise your practical technical knowledge. At the same time, you can effectively collaborate with others to provide technical support for identified requirements.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop, maintain and debug efficient run-time systems on both Android/iOS
- Profile and optimize existing run-time systems and memory systems
- Integrate low-level libraries and external code
- Communicate with content creators to gather requirements and identify needed improvements
- Collaborate with others on integration and support tasks
- Perform other ad-hoc projects and/or requirements as requested
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in similar capacity, preferably in games
- Strong proficiency in Unity3D Game Engine, C# and either Android or iOS
- Solid debugging and problem-solving skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest mobile gaming trends
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play games and mobile UI best practices
- Proven track record of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.