SW Engineering GAMEP01071
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for game design. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Gameplay Engineer to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers Forged to Fight., 2017 Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game". We’ve also got a few new projects on the go as well!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will be joining the studio team of Engineers who work in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, artists, and other programmers to build gameplay features and create compelling experiences for players. Day to day, here’s what you can expect to do:
- Build and maintain a variety of robust, flexible, and well-architected gameplay systems, including controls, abilities, AI, and RPG systems.
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts, collaborating with designers and providing feedback
- Create new and maintain existing tools for designers and artists, to add features and improve their workflow.
- Participate in development scheduling, working with production to estimate tasks and ensure milestones are hit
- 5+ years of software development experience including 3+ years of industry experience in game development
- 2+ years experience in a gameplay engineering role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Must have very strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiar with implementing client/server architecture
- Ability to write clean, simple, well-documented code
- At least one (1) shipped title
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- You are a gamer
Nice to have:
- 2+ years with Unity/C# professionally
- Experience shipping a mobile game
- Experience in Android / iOS Mobile application development
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.