SW Engineering BUILD01070
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for game design. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state. You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Build/Release Engineer to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers Forged to Fight., 2017 Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game". We’ve also got a few new projects on the go as well!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Collaborating with other engineers to maintain and enhance a robust build pipeline supporting multiple mobile platforms
- Assisting with code and data integration strategy and Perforce branch structure
- Creating, modifying, and maintaining asset pipelines and workflow tools
- Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
- Work as a technical liaison between the content/live and feature release teams to address build issues and improvements
- Build a strong relationship with the development teams to understand the code, its dependencies and the infrastructure on which it runs
- Help the development team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, QA, staging and production environments
- Manage Perforce and Git source repositories
- Work with the development team to deploy and manage tools that support automation, configuration management and release management
- Automate and manage routine builds and to various internal environments and production
- Support developers and QA in troubleshooting integration and deployment issues
- Analyze current processes and procedures to seek improvements
- Evaluate emerging automation technologies and their potential applications
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and the infrastructure
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- 3+ years’ experience administering and using CICD tools such as TeamCity, Chef, Puppet and Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of source-control administration, build pipelines, and automation scripting
- Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies - Unity/NodeJS
- Expert-level competency with source code management tools such as Perforce and Git
- Ability to troubleshoot deployment and configuration issues and applying solutions
- Understanding of firewalls, load balancers, and networking concepts is a plus
- Strong understanding of, and experience operating in an agile development environment
- Must be very comfortable working with both developers and system administrators
- Experience in gaming and/or with mobile technologies
- Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.