Game Designer SYSTE01074
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You find yourself dissecting the progression, monetization, or gameplay systems for great action RPGs? You are intrigued by seeing how the modifications you’ve made change the way people play. You see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby. Working on a new project, you’re excited by working cross-functionally, partnering closely with Engineers, Designers and others.
Kabam is looking for skilled Systems Designers to elevate our Design team on some exciting new projects We don’t design games, we play them and love them, and are fans of the IP’s we work on.
As a Systems Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with an extremely talented team of Engineers, UI/UX artists, Data Scientists, QA and LiveOps to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader player community
- Build free-to-play mobile games that the world loves to play
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of game design experience on commercially successful properties
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology
- Ultimate problem solving, critical thinking, logical, and analytical skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- Deep familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
Interested? Tell us what you’re looking for - in your application, tell what games have influenced you?
Apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.