Lead Game Designer
Game Design Management LEADG01076
Vancouver, BC, CAN
Kabam is looking for a Lead Designer to lead the charge on an exciting new project. A natural leader, you’re ambitious yet humble and eager to work with a collaborative and diverse group across multiple sites. You’re not afraid to get hands-on in inspiring a team towards that see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby.
Elevating our design team as whole, you’ll bring in new ideas, iterate among colleagues and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to innovate and iterate player-focused design.
As a Lead Designer, you will:
- Work interdisciplinary among two sites to lead the charge on a new project for Kabam
- Mentor and grow a team of curious and highly skilled game designers, advocating for growth, ownership and self-leadership
- Collaborate with an extremely talented team of Engineers, UI/UX artists, Data Scientists, QA and LiveOps to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Build free-to-play mobile games that the world loves to play
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of game design and production experience on commercially successful properties
- Experience leading a game team, preferably across multiple sites
- An inherent desire to solve exciting and challenging problems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology
- Ultimate problem solving, critical thinking, logical, and analytical skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- Deep familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms
Interested? Tell us what you’re looking for - in your application, tell what games have influenced you?
Apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.