Lead UX Designer
UX Design LEADU01079
Vancouver, BC, CAN
The Kabam UX team is looking for a new Lead UX Designer to join us in delivering exciting titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight.
Honest and genuine communication is the cornerstone for success with you and your team, and you are passionate about fostering healthy working relationships. Design process excites you, and collaborating with others is your second nature. You strive to have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, and actively play the games that we develop to stay engaged and up-to-speed.
Our team crafts both the user experience and interface designs for the titles we work on. We consider UI design to be part of UX design, and breakdown our work by feature. One UX designer is responsible for each feature, from the beginning to the end. This allows us to stay actively engaged with a project, while also focusing on a variety of interests throughout the development cycle.
As the team lead for UX & UI you have an excellent understanding of design principles, design-thinking methodology and user-research. Not only do you appreciate the value of user-research and design-process - knowing how and when to employ it to improve your work - you help guide others within these areas, both in and outside of your team. Being a leader is important to you because you feel pride and joy from empowering, mentoring and supporting your team to do their best work and reach their goals. You are the type of person who loves to learn new things, whether it be software, design methods or simply how your newly-made friends work day-to-day. Having a leader-mentality is absolutely critical; you own your tasks, features, and overall project - while helping others do the same.
As a Lead UX Designer, you will be:
- Empowering your team to work to the best of their abilities, and remove any hurdles they encounter
- Work with production teams and other discipline leadership to manage capacity plans and development strategy
- Review and provide feedback for all your team members:
- wireframes, competitive-analysis, focus group & usability reports, mockups & annotated documentation, user-flows, etc...
- Have frequent 1-on-1 discussions to solve issues and maintain team-health
- Working with other discipline leads to define product goals and task prioritization
- Learning and sharing best practices with the team
- Pro-actively finding ways to improve our games and processes
- Providing mentorship for your team with the development and presentation of their work
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience as a professional UI and/or UX designer
- Education background in a HCI, UX, or a communication design related field
- A strong portfolio demonstrating effective user experience flows, wireframes and interaction design work
- Strong communication and team-leadership abilities; experience mentoring, managing and developing teams and individuals
- A passion for solving human-centered design challenges and graphic design communication problems
- Understanding of “free-to-play” business models, including customer acquisition, retention, and monetization
- A strong interest in gaming and experience with game development - mobile games is an important plus!
- Project management techniques and software comprehension
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us!