Director, Player Communications and Engagement (14-month contract)
Player Experience DIREC01083
Vancouver, BC, CAN
You are a creative and strategic leader, with a willingness to get your hands dirty and disrupt the status quo when needed. You have a vision for how great things could be, and will bring that vision to reality through expert communications management, tactical execution, and unrelenting focus on daily progress. You combine masterful communication, organizational, analytical and conflict resolution skills, with an empathy for players and a passion for creating an amazing narrative and experience in our game.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Director, Player Communications and Engagement to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers: Forged to Fight. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
In this 14-month maternity leave contract role, you will contribute by:
- Partnering with Product owners, Marketing, and Player Retention (PR) to create the vision for a best-in-class player engagement, to increase the opportunities for our community to stay connected to us and to each other, and to understand and cater to the diverse needs and traits of the players in our games
- Creating industry leading programs, tools, methodologies, communications, and channels that are uniquely tailored to Kabam player bases
- Leading, mentoring and growing a world class team of player communications experts that deliver the ability to engage and retain our players through direct and indirect influencing approaches
- Monitoring, understanding and analyzing trends in our player base and the industry, and adopting best practices to Kabam where appropriate
- Optimizing organizational processes and tools to deliver efficient, responsive, and high-quality player engagement
- Guiding continued development of community policies, FAQs and other resources for players and influencers, in line with any unique needs of the community as well as any externally-driven requirements.
- Using data and analytic, in combination with qualitative review, to understand the health of the player base in conjunction with managing all player facing engagement programs
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- 7+ years of experience in the role of customer support and/or community management leadership, including at least 3 years of experience as content creator and/or communicator. Experience in mobile or online community, entertainment or games industry is strongly preferred.
- Proven leadership acumen with a speciality in a matrix environment and decision making through influence
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to break big ideas and hypotheses into smaller, actionable projects and tasks
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to multi-task and align a group of people with a central vision
- 3+ years of people management, a proven track record of empowering and inspiring your team to deliver above average results
- Industry leader in community management performance metrics, engagement, and optimization strategies.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into data and improving metrics
- Familiarity with customer service, knowledge base, or other ticketing tools like Vanilla, Salesforce, and JIRA
- Experience with organizing and communicating with large groups of players or fans at conventions or e-sporting events a bonus
- Bachelor's degree in communications or a related field required; master’s degree in related field(s) preferred
- Additional language proficiency is definite asset
The heart of our product is our players, and you will be part of a talented team that keeps the heart pumping. Your masterful communication skill will bring cohesion and horsepower to unify the message across various platforms. Your passion in game and in being an advocate for our players will set you on the right path to be successful in this role. By partnering with key stakeholders of all levels, you will collaborate and provide guidance on how we can best amplifying the consistent voice outward.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.