Senior Gameplay & AI Programmer
Obsidian is looking for an experienced, talented, senior gameplay and AI programmer to join us in creating our next great multi-platform RPG.
This programmer will work closely with the design team and other programmers to develop and maintain high-quality gameplay and AI systems. Responsibilities include planning, designing, and implementing systems using C++ in Unreal Engine 4, exposing functionality via Blueprints for designers, debugging and iterating systems, and collaborating with and mentoring other programmers. The ideal candidate has prior experience developing AI on AAA console and PC games.
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games
- Prior gameplay or AI programming experience with credits on at least one shipped title
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Comfortable working closely with designers on the implementation of gameplay systems
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Excellent problem-solving, performance analysis and debugging skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with cross-platform game development
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.