Senior Character Artist
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented and self-motivated Senior Character Artist to join our growing team of RPG developers.
The Senior Character Artist position requires a solid understanding of what is current "AAA-quality" art, consistent character design, art pipelines, and current game console criteria and their limitations on memory and performance. This person understands the value of the production schedule and how to fit project goals within it. This is a hands-on position, by which he or she will set an example through exceptional asset creation, an understanding of current character art technologies, tools pipelines and interdepartmental dependencies.
- Create (Sculpt, Model, UV, texture and create materials) AAA quality characters and creatures
- Work closely with the leads to ensure the visual target is always exceeded and stylistically consistent
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions for the entire project
- Mentor junior artists by providing creative and technical training, guidance, and feedback
- High proficiency in Maya, Z-Brush, Marvelous Designer and Substance Designer / Painter
- 5+ years industry experience
- Excellent High and Low poly modeling skills
- Excellent texture and shader creation within a PBR pipeline
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy, materials and garb
- Solid grasp of color theory and lighting techniques for quality presentation and the best player experience
- Experience with proprietary tools and development pipelines
- Must be receptive to art direction and critiques from project art leads
- Strong foundation in traditional art
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively coordinate with producers, programmers, designers, as well as artists.
- Strong organizational, supervisory and mentoring skills
- Experience with Epic's Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of photogrammetry techniques
- Knowledge of rig creation and skinning of verts
- Character and prop ideation and concept development skills
- Scripting experience in Python or MEL
- Background in portrait painting, Photography or Cinematography
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality 3D art
- Examples of modeled, textured and lit characters
- Examples of Marvelous Designer results
- A range of hard surface and organic models
- Samples from previous industry work
- Real-time Shader Examples
- Advance Material and Rendering Samples
All resumes must be accompanied with website portfolio.
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.