Position at Hardlight
Role Overview - Junior Engineer
As a junior engineer you are SEGA HARDlight's investment in the future. You are eager to learn and develop your engineering skills, following the company tech standards and understanding the motivation behind them.
You will actively contribute to the project at hand and receive support and mentoring by senior engineering staff, applying yourself and attempting to solve problems before seeking help.
Essential Skills & Experience
Familiarity with C++ or C# is required, and you are confident with your computer science foundations. You can write and debug code independently to a decent standard.
You are a good communicator and collaborate with follow engineers, artists and designers to make amazing games.
Above all else, passion and enthusiasm for making games are essential! You care about the games we are making and how they can be better!
We use Unity: If you have Unity experience, that's a bonus.
We make client/server games: Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial. As well as experience with networking, database engines, server infrastructure.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, pension.
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel.
- Generous developer Bonus scheme.
- Free breakfast and fruit.
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue.
- Based in the heart of England in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London and Birmingham.