Position at Hardlight
Role Overview - Experienced Engineer
As an experienced engineer you will be instrumental in project success and driving company technology forward. You will be expected to adhere to, and actively encourage, good engineering practices and company tech standards.
Essential Skills & Experience
Strong engineering skills are essential. You have a high level of C++ or C#, and a passion for learning new languages and technologies. Always looking for ways to further your knowledge and expertise - no challenge is too small, too big, or too difficult for you. You mentor junior engineers and assist them with challenging problem solving, helping the team grow stronger.
You are a good communicator and help inform and support the non-engineering members of the development team. You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity.
Above all else, passion and enthusiasm for making games are essential! You care about the games we are making and how they can be better!
We use Unity:If you have Unity experience, that's a bonus.
We make client/server games: Experience with client/server technologies is beneficial. As well as experience with networking, database engines, server infrastructure.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, pension.
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel.
- Generous developer Bonus scheme.
- Free breakfast and fruit.
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue.
- Based in the heart of England in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London and Birmingham.