At New Moon Production we specialize in game development for both mobile and web. Our EMPIRE: Millennium Wars team is looking for a Game Balancer (m/f) to kick ass bringing this awesome game to mobile!
As Game Balancer (m/f) at New Moon Production, you will be working in a small, but highly motivated team to bring this Goodgame Brand to the mobile market. We are looking for a mathematician with a passion for games, who can work closely with the development team to provide the optimal player experience. Strong math/number skills will trump game design hands-on experience.
We are looking for a positive, highly-motivated individual to strengthen our existing team and help bring this awesome product to a global launch ready state by the end of this year. If you are up for this challenge, like being empowered and want to be part of an amazing team then please get in touch.
- Create specifications and mockups of new gameplay systems with heightened attention-to-detail and game specifics
- Review game metrics and data with Analysts and adjust economy models to tune the underlying numbers in order to optimize the Gameplay experience and monetization
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from user focus tests into existing economy design/balancing system
- Work closely with the game’s product lead to shape new feature designs and break them down into manageable chunks that can be incorporated into the development schedule
- Collaborate within the development team during the development process
- A capacity to understand mathematical modeling in game design and what the numbers means in practice (Data structure, creation and management,)
- Good knowledge of game balancing, pacing and monetization strategies for free to play games
- Ability to communicate (verbal, written) complex ideas and theories with clarity
- A creative mindset, exceptional logical and analytical capabilities, able to think from a player’s point of view and stay organized under pressure
- Balancing Tools, ability create and maintain tools that accurately represent programmed systems, gameplay or increase productivity
- 2 years of professional experience in designing online games with at least one shipped free-to-play title are considered as a plus
- Statistical & Decision Mathematics background (minimum degree qualified)
- A dynamic team with friendly, highly-qualified colleagues from all over the world
- Strong, sustainable growth and fresh challenges every day
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- A culture of mutual respect and an outstanding working environment
- A healthy work-life balance
Your contact person for this job offer is Anna-Katja Sparke
We look forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, portfolio) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date through our online application form.
If you have questions regarding your application, please send an email to the following address: email@example.com