Marketing Director - Casino
Sliema (Malta), Isle of Man, Dublin - Opportunities in each of these locations
This is a brand new and exciting role within the Group to become an integral part of the Casino Management Team. This role will provide you with the chance to make a real impact on the largest Casino brand in the world and help to grow this vertical for the Group.
As the Marketing Director, you will report to the MD of Casino and be responsible for leading and managing Casino’s acquisition, cross-sales, retention, monetization and reactivation work. The acquisition will be heavily biased towards digital channels. In this role, intense and continuous interaction with central functions is essential, this includes Central CRM, Media Buying, Performance Marketing, Studio/Production, Business Intelligence and Finance Planning & Analysis.
Within this role, you will build and maintain strong relationships with corresponding functions in other verticals and will initially be responsible for two direct reports: including the Department Head of CRM and Department Head, Casino VIP.
- Contribute to Casino’s overall strategy and objectives, as set by Group management, in order to optimize the succession of the PokerStars Casino brand and help ensure delivery of the business vision
- Responsible for the management of the casino brands and management of direct reports
- Manage marketing efficiency by creating optimal channel and communication plan making sure the pre-approved budget and targets are met.
- Work closely with Casino product managers for the games categories
- Review, develop and enhance KPI’s for Group Management approval for managing of the marketing activities and concrete ROI management of all initiatives.
- Day to day management of relationships with internal teams as well as external agencies and suppliers and ongoing analysis of marketing activities to adjust to deliver maximum results
- Execute and monitor approved marketing plans to help achieve the objectives of revenue and market share
- Ensuring the successful acquisition within the casino brand via digital channels
- Responsible for the cross selling, retention and reactivation through CRM
- Closely interact with and contribute to product development to enhance CRM and acquisition
- Interact with and contribute to the development of the VIP promotional tools
- Working closely with the Department Head, Casino VIP on acquisitions and creating brand and product awareness.
Skills and Capabilities
- Mastery of digital marketing principles and best practices across all channels.
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership role in marketing either in online gaming or e-commerce
- Creative mindset, supported by strong analytical understanding
- Strong understanding of matrix or other flexible working environments
- Experience of working in multinational environment and understanding of cultural diversity
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of organization and diligence
- Able to set clear expectations and demand high performance for self and others
- Able to inspire and motivate teams and individuals, and able to identify attract, develop and retain top talent
- Demonstrate and value accountability, cooperation, integrity and open communication
- MBA or equivalent
- Fluent in a second European language
- Online Casino/Gaming industry experience
- E-commerce/Hospitality background within a senior/executive digital marketing role
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
“The best Company I have ever worked for: I have been working at The Stars Group full-time (More than a year). Great people, great benefits and amazing perks. The Company genuinely values its employees. Fun products. Amazing offices. Inspirational Leaders who are passionate about the brand and the product. Really friendly and down to earth CEO. My boss is great!” - Glass Door - published Jan 2015.
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to provide such details at this stage, we can confirm that we do offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Our benefits include a discretionary annual performance bonus, premium health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (providing you all live at the same address), and a generous company contribution into a private pension scheme every month.
We have an Employee Assistance Programme where you receive complimentary and confidential support from professionals who offer independent advice 24/7. To support you in developing your skills and career, we will provide ongoing training.
We contribute €5.25 daily towards a lunch allowance and in addition, there is free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. As an advocate of work life balance, we offer PIA; an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours; e.g. driving lessons, cookery classes and circus training (to name a few that our people have used this towards).
Stars Interactive is a division of The Stars Group, ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands including PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, PokerStars Championship, PokerStars Festival and MEGASTACK. Collectively, these brands have more than 111 million registered customers, forming one of the largest online gaming businesses in the world. We provide gaming experiences designed to make our platforms the favorite iGaming destinations for customers everywhere. This role is in the Group’s Malta service office in the Casino department.