Assistant Technical Designer
Role: Assistant Technical Designer
Team: Train Sim World
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking to recruit an Assistant Technical Designer to work on our Unreal Engine 4 simulations. You will work closely alongside the Track and Signalling team to help develop and support content for our Train Simulation titles. The successful candidate will have 1-2 years' experience working in the games industry with good technical abilities, knowledge of the UE4 editor and excellent attention to detail.
- Assist in the research, marking up and laying of rail track using our inhouse tools and UE4 editor
- Use reference tools and documentation to ensure authentically accurate rail routes
- Assist in the research, creation, placing and maintenance on of highly accurate in-game signalling systems
- Critically review track laying and signalling functionality at each stage of development
- Working as part of a team to resolve design and gameplay issues as they emerge during development
- Create suitable documentation for internal and external audiences
- Assist with testing and bug-fixing where necessary
- Minimum maths & English GCSE C and above or equivalent, CSE, O’Level, Level 2 NVQ
- Knowledge and practical use of UE4 and UE4 Blueprints is desirable
- 1-2 years’ experience of working in the games industry
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised.
About Dovetail Games
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities