Start your career here!! Ubisoft Leamington is currently hiring a Junior Level Designer to join the studio upon completion of a bachelor or masters degree this summer. This role would be a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, with the opportunity to become a permanent member of the Ubisoft team thereafter.
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Deliver, with support, basic artistic content for the project and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the project's technical constraints and artistic direction.
• With guidance, assist in planning out the space, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling, while documenting intentions;
• Create functional assets which can be shared across the project in respect of the technical and artistic constraints;
• Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work;
• Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with technical artists and senior artists and make changes when necessary;
• Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
• Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers;
• Fully realise a space with the assets available to tell an interesting and varied story;
• Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project;
• Develop an understanding of project tools and their functions, the project file classification system and the process of updating engine data;
• Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
• Support the Lead Environment Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing environments;
- Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines;
- Working knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages and techniques;
- Understanding of composition visual story telling;
- Knowledge of level editors;
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Basic gameplay and level design knowledge is desirable;
- Knowledge of optimisation techniques (e.g. 3D Studio Max);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines is desirable.
- Up to 1 years' experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience in both hard surface and organic modelling;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
Opening Date: 9th February 2018
Closing Date for applications: 30th March 2018
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.