At Casumo, Data is King. In 2018 we are launching a new adventure in the realm of Data analytics, and we're seeking for brave data interns to embark on mysterious and challenging data quests. You will join a legendary crew of data engineers and scientists who will cover your back and make sure you fulfil your destiny. By the end of the internship adventure, a grand ceremony will be organized where you will showcase your achievements in the mighty Odditorium auditorium in the Casumo castle, in front of a bunch of cheering Casumos. Through this adventure, you will earn well-deserved experience points to grow your personal and professional journey. Are you up for the challenge?
What you will do:
Two types of data quests are offered:
- Development: you will build data tools to directly impact the everyday work of casumos. The scope of those - top secret - tools is to mine for data gold nuggets, to provide efficient ways to interact with data in order to derive insights and business actions.
- Research: you will venture into Terra Incognita and seek novel analytical and computational techniques to crack obscure organization science and adtech troubles. The findings of the research quests are to be shared with the rest of the world.
Who we are looking for
- You're undertaking a degree in Statistics, Computer Science/AI or related quantitative field. Research postgraduate students are welcome (the internship project can be part of the dissertation)
- You're fluent in at least one scripting language such as Python or R
- You're familiar with relational databases and SQL
- You're hungry for more
- The Grand Data Internship will be held between July and September 2018 in the Malta HQ office (exact starting and ending dates are flexible)
- The Casumo crew will assist the successful adventurers in their travels, lodging and everyday spending in sunny Malta
- Note that only shortlisted candidates will undertake interviews with the data guardians.